Their compact size is both instantly familiar and comfortable to use. A large LCD (2.7") displays ambient, flash, cine and a host of other information in a clear and understandable way. Settings are made by simply touching or sliding a finger over the screen.
The L-478 meters can be quickly calibrated to your camera using Sekonic's Data Transfer software and either Sekonic or X-Rite Brand targets or by manually inputting data to the DTS program or on the meter itself.
Keeping pace with wireless advancements, the L-478DR-EL comes complete with exclusive Elinchrom Skyport technology which combines light measurement and flash power control providing amazing control in your hand.
The L-478DR-EL has a radio module and antenna built into the meter. The system transmits at 2.4GHz and uses signal protocols that are unique to Elinchrom’s Skyport wireless triggering/control system.
The L-478 series meters offer the following languages in the interface: Japanese, English and Chinese. Depending on the country where the meter is purchased, the language is fixed and cannot be changed by the user.
- For Still Photographers:
- Full featured Ambient-Flash modes including new T-F mode.
- Measure, compare, and mix ambient and flash displayed on a color, touch screen for beautiful, controlled, results.
- DTS Exposure Profiling matches the meter to the performance of your camera.
- Precise exposure and lighting starts with precise, repeatable metering.
- Radio triggering and Flash Power Setting w/Elincrhom flashes with Skyport receivers .
- Flash Group selection and power control with a touch of a finger.
- For Filmmakers:
- Cine/HD Cine modes for today's HDSLR and Video Cine cameras.
- Effortlessly switch between HDSLR and Cine for exact exposure settings in exact increments for both.
- Infinite frame rate and shutter angle selection.
- Create special settings for special applications.Video cine cameras are becoming boundless. Metering should be too.
- Unique, light-source filtration compensation mode.
- Finally, precise control lighting using industry standard CTO/CTB/ND types at the touch of a finger.
- Illumination measurement and extended ISO range.
- Lighting design and exposure in a single tool. ISO and exposure settings to match today's digital cameras.
- Receptor Head: Incident light and reflected light
- Light Receiving Method: Incident light and reflected light
- Receptor Incident Light: Convertible to flat diffuser (Lumisphere in retracted position)
- Receptor Reflected Light: 5° spot with optional viewfinder
- Flash Analyzing Function: 0 to 100% in 10% increments
- Multiple Flash Function: Infinite number of flash readings (Only one digit is displayed when the cumulated number is ten or more)
- Calibration Compensation: (+/-) 1.0 EV (in 1/10 stops)
- Exposure Compensation: (+/-) 9.9 EV (in 1/10 stops)
- Custom Functions: 14 custom functions
- Auto Power Off: Selectable in Custom Functions
- Measuring Range and Modes
- Measuring Modes Ambient Light: Aperture priority, Shutter speed priority, TF priority, CINE, HD Cine, Illuminance (lx/fc), Luminance (cdm2/fl)
- Measuring Modes Flash: Cord (PC), Cordless, Radio Triggering (with/without mulitple cumulative)
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Flash: 0.63 to 2,000,000 lux - 0.10 to 180,000 fc
- Measuring Range Brightness: 0.25 to 190,000 cd/m2 - 0.10 to 190,000 foot lamberts
- Display Range and Modes
- Display Range Film Speed: ISO 3 to 409,600 (in 1/3 stops)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient: 31 min. to 1/64,000 sec. plus 1/200, 1/400 sec (in 1, 1/2 and 1/3 stops)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Flash: 31 min. to 1/1000 sec plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400
- Display Range Aperture: f/0.5 to f/161.2 (in 1, 1/2 and 1/3 stops)
- Display Range EV: EV-27.9 to EV55.8 (with Incident light reading of ambient light)
- Display Range Cine Speeds fps: 2 to 1000 f/s, plus user created settings: 20 entries
- Display Range Shutter Angle: 1° to 358°, plus user created settings: 20 entries
- Battery(Power): 3 Type AA 1.5V Batteries Alkaline, Manganese, Lithium, Nickel Hydride, Nickel Based
- Battery Power Indicator Display: Icon with 3 status
- Radio Triggering
- Radio Triggering System: Elinchrom Skyport
- Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Triggering Range: Up to 100 feet, Transmitter-Receiver
- Frequencies/Groups: Normal: 20 Frequencies / 4 Groups
- Speed: 20 Frequencies / 4 Groups